Running an ecommerce site is a full time job (likely a job in addition to your other job or brick and mortar store), so it can be difficult to figure out how to increase your revenue without increasing the cost of your products.
If you’re struggling to figure out some additional ways to increase revenue, we’ve come up with 15 strategies to help assist you with your ecommerce site.
Increase Revenue on Your Ecommerce Site
- Improve your store design by collecting feedback and testing theme changes.
- Make an Exit Offer to persuade visitors from converting before they leave.
- Use Email Prudently to drive traffic to your store and generate sales better than social media.
- Keep in Touch Often by sending out regular email blasts with deals and discounts.
- Optimize Ad-Spending by testing and varying keywords to better target your campaigns.
- Leverage Social Proof by soliciting and maintaining great reviews and ratings on your products.
- Anticipate Future Sales by including items as out-of-stock to measure interest.
- Up-Sell Products by displaying related products that are in a similar price range.
- Reduce Cart Abandonment by using email and advertising recovery programs for visitors to return to their cart.
- Wishlist Reminders are email nudges that drive the person to make the purchase. Add sales or sold out info to increase interest.
- Include a Gifting Section with unique products. They typically increase profit margins!
- Launch a Facebook Store to sell directly to Facebook users and get wider exposure via social media.
- Engage with Instagram by running contests, showing behind the scenes work, and sharing photos of customers with your products.
- Promoting Word-Of-Mouth by finding and rewarding influencers who can reach your target audience.
- Utilize Methods for Easier Payments – such as Apple Pay – to drive more sales!